The latest edition of Fundamentals of Medium/Heavy Duty Commercial Vehicle Systems is here!
Wondering what there is to look forward to in the second edition? Not only has it been updated to align with the latest ASE Medium-Heavy Truck Program Standards, the second edition includes six new chapters that reflect the most up-to-date technological innovations in medium- and heavy-duty trucks and buses.
What’s New in the Second Edition?
With more clarity, structure, and improved readability, Fundamentals of Medium/Heavy Duty Commercial Vehicle Systems, Second Edition lays out fundamental concepts before building up to more advanced content.
That also means discussion of theory and operation alongside practical instruction in the form of skill drills for tasks like transmission servicing to ensure technicians are prepared to work straight from the text.
Other updates include:
- Detailed coverage of automated manual transmissions and new electronic transmission technologies, including the Eaton Endurant 12-speed and the Volvo I-shift with crawler gear
- Emphasized instruction on electronic transmission servicing with skill drills (step-by-step instruction)
- Coverage of multiple fuel conservation innovations, such as truck platooning and the role of drivelines in down-speeding
- New and advanced electronic control systems and on-board network coverage that prepares technicians to identify problems with and reflash mechatronics and microelectronics, such as safety-interlock systems and model predictive control systems
- Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and new SAE Level 3 autonomous driving commercial vehicles and battery electric vehicles, such as the Tesla and Nikola class 8 tractors
- Updated ASE employability skills and safety standards
- Detailed coverage of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS)
- New ISO standards content, plus additional European and Asian vehicle standards for wheels, hubs, and braking systems
Need additional resources?
Instructors can also benefit from PowerPoint slides, lecture outlines, and more with the Online Instructor Resource Toolkit.
Ready to Get Started?
Click here to contact a CDX Sales Representative today to find out how CDX can help improve your classroom and shop education.